Sunday, December 28, 2008

How to save space and be practical with all your fixies.


Here is a little tip that might help you in saving space for your multiple bikes. I`ll tell you right now, I had a shit load of bikes all over my place. From projects, to complete bikes, and it was getting to me bigtime. So I decided to do things a little different, and it saved me alot of money in the long run.
What I decided to do, was build all my bike using the same pair of wheels. The reason for this was so the bike frames already set up with the proper chain length, could be stacked away, and have the current bike im riding with the wheels. If I want to ride a differrent one, all I do is remove the wheels from the existing bike, pull the frame I wanna ride, place the wheels on them, and go.
I big advantage to this, is that you wont need to spend hundreds of dollars on wheels for so many bikes. And, it will save you ALOT of space. I would keep an extra pair around just in case a bud need a bike to ride. But I will say, this has been a HUGE help in saving me space, and keeping my place look good, and not a bike shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment