Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Bike Hipsters suck!


So I was getting ready to take the train from work when I happen to come across this chick with straight black hair sitting on the bench waiting for the bus. Obviously, the chick was not what interested me, it was the fixed gear she had.
I didnt get a chance to take a pic of it to post on here, and actually glad I didnt, even though it was a very nice, shiny, clean, not a scratch, probably wiped with a diaper daily ride.
I approached her and said " That one nice fixed gear", her response was " I know".......at that point I already knew what the response was going to be to my next question. I asked her " Listen, do you mind if I take a picture of your bike to put on my bike blog?"........She looked at me, up and down, and said the following " uh, like, I dont think so, besides, looking at you, you look like you dont need a picture of a bike, you like, you need to get on one, and drop the donuts."
I was not surprised at all about the attitude, but I happened to notice something as I moved closer at the back wheel. So......I responded back.
" Oh thank you for your wonderful observation, do you mind if I make one or two of my own? Just because you have a bike that looks like a fixie, BUT PACKING A COASTER BRAKE, or hell, even if you were riding a fixie, doesnt justify your attitude you stupid bitch. And OH by the way, love the msgr bag, especially when it matches your hardcore bike scene FLIP FLOPS!
I seriously cant stand the fact that Bike Hipster wanna make themselves to be soooooooooo fucking hot shit. And they feel that they have such a rebellious attitude to the world just because they ride a fixed gear bike...or...... in this stupid bitches case....a coaster brake road bike. Now, im not saying there is anything wrong with a road bike with a coaster brake. But I am saying, it IS wrong with this bitch and her fucking attitude.
I seriously think that those of us out there, that TRULY love to ride these bike and are not doing it for IMAGE reasons, really need to step up to the plate and deal with these knock offs. Because frankly, im getting REALLY tired of this bullshit. This is ONE of the reasons I dont do bike gatherings anymore, done with the "one up" attitude of the bikes, and the " cooler than you, look at my fixie" retards that end up going to them.

Image by: Animajor Fun!

1 comment:

  1. This goes beyond small groups of people. I thought about this blog for days after reading it. We should be supporting each other fact of riding more and driving less! Sorry she was had to be "too cool for school" (such a dorky term)but don't sweat her -she will sell the bike when the next fad is "en vougue."
    jay

    ReplyDelete